There are some items and substances that we use in our day to day lives that could actually contain harmful chemicals that are known to cause cancer. Here are some of the items around your home that might increase your risk of cancer.
1. THE VINYL IN YOUR SHOWER CURTAIN RELEASES CHEMICALS INTO THE AIR THAT ARE CALLED VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS.
They can cause nausea, liver and kidney damage, respiratory irritation, headaches and other issues. Instead, look for nylon, cotton or polyester shower curtains.
2. USE NATURAL SHAMPOOS, AS MANY BRANDS CONTAIN CHEMICALS THAT ARE HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH AND MIGHT CAUSE CANCER.
3. SOME OF THE CHEMICALS IN DEODORANTS AND ANTI-ANTIPERSPIRANTS ARE CARCINOGENS.
4. WHEN YOU DO ART PROJECTS, KEEP IN MIND THAT GLUE, PAINTS, SOLVENTS AND MARKERS CAN CONTAIN HARMFUL CANCER CAUSING CHEMICALS.
5. SOME AIR FRESHENERS CONTAIN HARMFUL TOXINS THAT CAN CAUSE CANCER.
Opt for natural essential oils instead.
6. DID YOU KNOW THAT 40% OF SCENTED CANDLES CONTAIN LEAD ON THEIR WICKS?
If you use candles in the home, go for beeswax candles instead with cotton wicks.